Places that sell hatching eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Layla1223, May 20, 2010.

1. Layla1223

Layla1223 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Idaho
    I am looking to order hatching eggs. I want to order Silkies and Easter Eggers, possibly Bantam Cochins and Marans. What places have really high quality eggs that ship? Thank You [​IMG]

2. hipeatall

hipeatall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    I was looking for hatching eggs earlier this year... and I found wonderful eggs right here on byc [​IMG]
    Here is the link to Chicken Hatching Eggs - For Sale
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=36
    and here is the link to Items Wanted To Buy
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=56
    Since February I've hatched Olive Eggers, Mottled Javas, Copper Black Marans, Mille Fleur Cochins, Turkens all of these from one BYCer!... and I now have Frizzle Cochins and Frizzle Polish in the incubator also from fellow BYCers. [​IMG] Warning... I have found that once you start hatching... you might have trouble stopping.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Have you checked out the auction section here? You'll get better quality eggs for the most part from BYC members than you will from a hatchery.

4. WA4-Hpoultrymom

WA4-Hpoultrymom Never enough coops...

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    I always order them from here, from fellow BYC'ers! Check out the Buy/Sell/Auction area!

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

hahaha...3 great minds thinking alike...we all posted our answer at 6:43!

6. Layla1223

Layla1223 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Idaho
    Thanks. I will deffinatly check out the auctions. And I know how addicting they can be. I want to get 8 chickens, don't have any yet but now my family is wanting more [​IMG]

7. hipeatall

hipeatall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Quote:No kidding... how funny is that! [​IMG]

8. WA4-Hpoultrymom

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:If you've never incubated you'd be better off to try and find some local fertilized eggs to learn the ins and outs of incubating and hatching before you invest in shipped hatching eggs. Shipped eggs come with a whole set of issues that can sometimes make them very much a gamble to hatch.

10. WA4-Hpoultrymom

Feb 5, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    My Coop
    I agree with Katy. I'm on my 5th hatch this spring, and it's the local eggs. I started with shipped eggs. 2 batches did ok, 2 did awful. Finally got a clue with this last batch and they are doing very well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by