Places to buy baby chicks in Ma

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by fowlplay, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fowlplay

fowlplay Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2008
    Townsend
    Hi All,
    My husband and I are new to this and are trying to find local places to purchase baby chicks as an option to ordering online. We live in Townsend, Mass which is up close to the NH border. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG] Hi I am in fitzwilliam I have chicks if you are near me send me an e-mail [email protected]

3. Florida chick

Florida chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2008
    Your local Agway has them. [​IMG] We used to live in Westford.

4. muffi

muffi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    Hi there, I am new to the forums. I live pretty close by in Ayer, MA. I have just started looking into places to buy chicks, as I hope to get some this spring. I called a few Agway stores and only one (Littleton) said they MAY take chick orders - they are still finalizing the details. We shall see. Let me know if you want to go in together for an online order. [​IMG]

5. m750

m750 New Egg

Mar 16, 2008
    Pepperell MA
    You are in luck, sorta... My wife and I were out on the same quest yesterday, and found a egg farm that sells chickens in your neighborhood.

Brookside Farms
    Richard Amadon
    3 Wheeler Rd.
    West Townsend

While they don't have chicks on order right now, they do have month olds, after a conversation with him, he mentioned that they maybe putting in an order for a month or so. If we end up finding something sooner, and local, I'll post about it.
    AO

6. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    There is a lady in Westfield , Ma that alwasy has chicks/ducklings and adults for sale . She has alot of them as we speak . I just got some light brahmas and EE's . I know she had Buff orps,Br,RIR,EE's,Light brahmas , BBR oegb,White rocks and Ducklings she has Rouens,Blue swedish ,Magpes and she did have a Khaki cambell but i bought it [​IMG]. Chicks are 3 for 12.50 and ducklings are 10 Each . She also has alot of adult birds all differtn breeds ,bantams and standard , ducks and sometimes geese . She aslo sell hatching eggs
    Hope this helps

Butterflygirl50 and cheito like this.
  7. tygab

tygab Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border
    fowlplay we are in Pepperell, and as my husband mentioned there is a poultry farmer in Townsend but he doesn't have day olds as of now. I'm kind of torn, as I am looking for specific breeds and ideally day olds, which he did not have. He may, or may not, get some, but it didn't seem like he was planning to order any soon. Did you find any yet? I'll drop you a pm also.

8. muffi

muffi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Ayer, Massachusetts
    The Littleton Agway just called today to say that they are now taking chick orders. I am going to swing by there on Monday to see what they have available.

9. mario2girls

mario2girls Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2007
    i am in nh on mass border,,,right now have polish chicks,
    hatching rir, this and that,,,silkies, mille's, sultans,favorelles,
    next month,,,

10. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    I have a few in CT, but that might be a bit far....6 weeks old, cochinx and NNfrizzle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by