Places to get quality feed in Silicon Valley/San Jose CA Area?

mizz9

Chirping
Jun 22, 2016
Silicon Valley Area, CA
Anyone in the Silicon Valley/San Jose area recommend a good place to get chicken feed? We are currently buying from An-Jan but our last batch of feed had some yucky stuff in it so we are wondering if it is low quality or if maybe it's expired? (Is that a thing?)

We are experiencing a drop in egg production, which maybe is just the changing seasons, but thought maybe we should try some better feed.

Thanks!

I've been buying Modesto Milling Layer crumbles for about a year. Pet Food Max in San Jose carries it and now An Jan in Santa Clara does as well. (25 lb bags which is great for my 3 girls.) Both stores had pretty old feed the last time I went to get it- 2 months or more old. So I grabbed some bulk from An Jan - it is Radco. The girls' poop has been pretty watery - I understood why when the weather was hot and they were drinking so much water- but they continued to have very loose and watery poop.

Now that they have been eating the Radco, nice dry poop piles. Which makes me think the Modesto Milling may be to blame.

I'm trying to find info on Radco which has proven to be VERY difficult.

Not so sure what feed to go with now....

Back
Top Bottom