Places to stay in or near Nashville

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Mar 9, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm trying to find the least expensive place to stay in or around Nashville during the week of June 14 - 19 to take part in a really neat program. They have rooms at the Comfort Inn for 109 a night, but if I could find something for less it would be great. Since it is quite a drive a good part of my stipend will be taken up with gas.

http://lah.mtsuhistory.org/index.html

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

You might find a place in a nearby town if you don't mind driving in / out of Nville daily. Try Hendersonville, or maybe even Clarksville. If you don't mind driving 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. to get there, you could stay here with us in Paducah. [​IMG]

ETA: try a proximity search or pick a hotel chain & ask for all locations within a ___ mile drive of Nashville; that should turn up several options. BY ALL MEANS, avoid the Best Western in Nashville proper... been there twice (second time was a mistake; thought it was a different one! ) all i can say is eww... yuk.

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Wow, I wish I could stay with you guys but that would take up so much of the day traveling. We start early on these projects but I sure appreciate the offer!

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

see my edit above

5. crazy cat lady

crazy cat lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    NW Illinois
    I get my coupons for hotel discount thru roomsavers.com. You might try try looking for something like that too. I have stayed at Super 8 and Pear Tree ( part of Drury Inn) for about $45 a night.

The other website is travelcoupons.com. Worth a try.

6. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thanks, I'll check that out!

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I've found a few places like Day's Inn and Super 8 that have decent rates. Is anyone familiar with them?

8. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Dick Dickerson used to be a biggie in the Nashville Chamber of Commerce. He's a member of the Marans club and the Araucana Club.

9. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm sorry, I don't know who that is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by