planig to order eggs.........again

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Chickeneer, Dec 24, 2011.

1. The Chickeneer

The Chickeneer ~A Morning's Crow~

Ahhh I remember the first time I oredered eggs from a website, it happend this summer [​IMG]. It said there was a minimum order of 15 eggs, so in the order box I typed in 2 orders because I thought it would be 2 orders of 15 meaning I would get 30 eggs. Well I waited anxiously for a week for them to come, an when they did, it was a nice big box [​IMG] the box contained only 2 eggs [​IMG]. At first I was confused, but then I realized how the order went wrong [​IMG], but I incubated them anyways, with other eggs I got from my own chickens. And not one of those 2 eggs even started to develop [​IMG], to tell u the truth I dont even think they were fertilized (paid 10.83 for'em), I compared them to store bought eggs when I candled them, they looked the same.....wel at least the other eggs in the bator from my chickens hached [​IMG] Does anybody knowe of any good websites from which to order from?? please?? Iam planing on firing up the bator again, dont want to order from that website anymore [​IMG]

2. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Try BYC;-)

3. The Chickeneer

thanks for the tip [​IMG] but the thing is I dont know how [​IMG] i looked in the BYC store, and they dont sell eggs there so im guessing its in some other part of BYC......can u tell me where?

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:If you go to the INDEX, it's towards the bottom, but here is a shortcut, BYC HATCHING EGGS Other than my own eggs, this is the only place I've gotten eggs to hatch.

I'd look for auctions by 'bargain' and "Hot2Pot". GREAT SERVICE!

5. The Chickeneer

Thanx for the info [​IMG] found it:D

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Be certain to join us for Mahonri's 3rd Annual Easter Hatch!

We'll be setting eggs on March 17th and we'll be starting the thread up for it on Ground Hog's Day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by