"Planking"

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by whiteflare, May 18, 2011.

1. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    What is this? Been in the news a lot. Called a "latest craze", things I know not of. [​IMG]

2. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:it's when people take pictures of themselves laying strait out like a plank on various objects, usually in dangerous or precarious positions

people have actually died doing it

3. whiteflare

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Quote:it's when people take pictures of themselves laying strait out like a plank on various objects, usually in dangerous or precarious positions

Okay, thanks. I heard a lot of people at my school discussing the latest planking accidents around Australia (been a lot of them) and was a bit embarrassed to ask what it actually was because everyone seemed to know. [​IMG]

4. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama

Okay, thanks. I heard a lot of people at my school discussing the latest planking accidents around Australia (been a lot of them) and was a bit embarrassed to ask what it actually was because everyone seemed to know. [​IMG]

I just found out about it recently when I read about someone dieing falling off a balcony.

idiot (the planker not you!)

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  5. YYZ

YYZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    Maine
    The world is a crazy place at times.

What are these people attention deprived?

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:Okay, thanks. I heard a lot of people at my school discussing the latest planking accidents around Australia (been a lot of them) and was a bit embarrassed to ask what it actually was because everyone seemed to know. [​IMG]

I just found out about it recently when I read about someone dieing falling off a balcony.

The reason you might be hearing about it lately, is that the guy was trying to lay on the balcony railing- 7th floor balcony. And it was in Brisbane, if I remember correctly.

Imp

7. hikerchick

hikerchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Dover, PA
    Oh for crikey's sake! What will people do next to harm themselves in the name of idle entertainment? Have they nothing better to do?

8. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:yes they do, it's revving monster trucks tn acres from my house

9. whiteflare

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Quote:yes they do, it's revving monster trucks tn acres from my house

[​IMG] Yeah, people have problems these days - can't they go out and do something legitimate to let steam off? [​IMG]

10. whiteflare

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    Quote:I just found out about it recently when I read about someone dieing falling off a balcony.

The reason you might be hearing about it lately, is that the guy was trying to lay on the balcony railing- 7th floor balcony. And it was in Brisbane, if I remember correctly.

Imp

Imp - yes, if I remember correctly, it was in Brisbane. People were talking all about that one - planking actually appears to be pretty popular at our school. I, personally, would never engage in such ridiculous behaviour [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by