Planning Ahead Re: Illness

Beccatrix

Songster
Nov 28, 2021
Wisconsin
I had a question about Marek's and Coccidiosis. I ordered my chicks vaccinated and feed medicated chick starter. My goal is to have hens brooding out their own chicks over time for dual purpose use
How are these things controlled in home hen hatched and raised chicks? Thanks in advance!

Did you vaccinate for coccidosis? Feeding medicated feed to vaccinated chicks will cancel out the vaccine? The best way to have healthy chickens is to feed them a formulated chicken feed and keep them clean and dry.

Did you vaccinate for coccidosis? Feeding medicated feed to vaccinated chicks will cancel out the vaccine? The best way to have healthy chickens is to feed them a formulated chicken feed and keep them clean and dry.
No, medication is for coccidiosis; vaccines are for Marek's.

You may cross post to different forums to increase your exposure. You may keep this thread here . And the breeding thread might give you a different exposure to people who may have organized their flock operation to include the types of meds you are interested in. The forum on flock management might be another one you might try cross-posting a thread.

We try to keep the threads relevant to the forum it's posted to. We alert the mods to move a thread that may have nothing to do with the forum subject, not so much because someone is "breaking rules" as to give them a forum where they are more apt to get pertinent replies to their thread.

About the only rule breaking here that is pounced on mercilessly is rude behavior.

You may cross post to different forums to increase your exposure. You may keep this thread here . And the breeding thread might give you a different exposure to people who may have organized their flock operation to include the types of meds you are interested in. The forum on flock management might be another one you might try cross-posting a thread.

We try to keep the threads relevant to the forum it's posted to. We alert the mods to move a thread that may have nothing to do with the forum subject, not so much because someone is "breaking rules" as to give them a forum where they are more apt to get pertinent replies to their thread.

About the only rule breaking here that is pounced on mercilessly is rude behavior.
Thanks! My previous one was looking for chicks, and just got moved to, I think, a chick age appropriate forum. Thanks for the clarification on cross posting!

Back
Top Bottom