Plant burned to the ground UPDATE AND ITS GOOD

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chilling in muscadine, Nov 17, 2008.

1. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    So here we are, no money coming in. After I got hurt we lost my income and are still dealing with that. My old man works all the time so my chickens can eat and yesterday his plant{job} burned to the ground. Now we have no income. Unemployment play $125.oo a week. BIG WOOOO. We are screwed-----

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Sorry. Sending prayers your way.

3. Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    Frederick, Maryland
    I'm so sorry, chilling. Last year I sold and mortgaged everything I could get my hands on to send my son as a voluntary student to the police academy (as a voluntary he had to totally pay his own way instead of having a department to pay it for him). I had this lean subsistence budget for us worked out to the penny for the seven months he'd be there plus time to get established in a department somewhere.

Then - my husband's company did a huge lay-off and he didn't work again for 5 months. This was last Thankgiving time. When he came in and told me I thought the top of my head was gonna explode right off with grief and anger. We wouldn't even have a car to live in on the street.

I agree - unemployment doesn't get it. He only just went to work again full time a month ago.

chilling, I know you're hurting and frightened right now - but you gotta believe you'll get through. Trust me on this. Commit in your heart that any/everything you need will come to you. A dear friend gave me this advice and I pass it to you: Just when you think the wolf's at the door, something somehow will break through. It's not for you to know the how -- only that it will. I KNOW it's true because it's happened that way for me more times than enough.

4. justhatchin

justhatchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Galva, Kansas
    [​IMG]

For every door that closes another one opens. Keep an open mind, something will come up for you guys.

My thoughts good wishes go your way.. [​IMG]

5. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    [​IMG] i am so sorry, thats sucks. at least you have chickens to feed you should you need it! hopefully something good will come your way [​IMG]

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    ive been in this situation so many times Im always waiting for the next time. We are just getting over a lean time that lasted 2 months without most of the money we have comming in. If you have credit cards call them right away, some companies will forgo a payment for a month if you call early enough. Dont be afraid to go to the assistance office if your eligable, go to the food bank, cut back where ever possible. Are you affiliated with a church that may have an assistance fund? Do you have LIHEAP available to help with heating bills? Its so unfortunate what has happened but my advice to you is go one day at a time and you will get thru it.

7. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    that totally sucks.. maybe he can get another job... keep trying..

8. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Sorry to hear that. It wouldn't happen to be the tire plant in Bowden, would it?

9. trulyviolet

trulyviolet Out Of The Brooder

Aug 5, 2008
    i am so sorry

i will tell you, we've had times in our life like that
    one of the worst and scariest was when my husband was badly hurt at work
    he had to have physical therapy daily, for months ( like 4 months)
    on his leg due to a ruptured muscle

we didn't have insurance
    plus the workmans comp insurance had a problem and after they had started to pay us ( cause it takes a few weeks to kick in)
    they held our checks!
    we went 8 weeks without a check!
    they kept telling us they would straighten it out but didn't

i had some suspicious changes that happened to my left breast,

no money
    no insurance

doctors would only accept cash and they all wanted 80+ dollars

my point is

sometime always comes up
    and we manage to get through
    it's always a nightmare
    no one in their right mind would care to repeat it

but we manage

everyone does

you will too

you will have a period of panic time
    then you will start to figure out what to do to survive
    and you will

but you may have a few gray hairs by the time you get through this

the very best of luck to you and yours

i hope this struggle time isn't long

and since you will be going through a rough time, i hope that you get knowledge that will aide you down the road

vi

edited cause i can't spell

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I am so terribly sorry to hear of your news. I hope that all will work out right for you and your husband (and chickens). I pray tht he gets offered a new job very very soon, and that your health improves rapidly.

I often believe that when one door closes another door of opportunity will open when you least expect it too.

Try and keep positive. (I know that's not easy)

Will keep you in my prayers.......((((hugs)))))

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by