1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Plantar warts! Dang it!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ugly Cowboy, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Songster

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Anyone else here get these and how do ya get rid of 'em?! I got 4 of 'em right now, and all I know is to NEVER dig 'em out (ask me how I know that.) How do ya get rid of 'em and fast?

2. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Freeze Away. It's over in the wart section of your local retailer. It's bout the same thing as what the doctor's office uses. It is not cheap and it does hurt, but they will be gone. PM if you need to.

julie barber likes this.
  3. sunnydee

sunnydee Songster

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Oh..those things are awful! Both my kids got them really bad on the bottom of their feet 4 summers ago. We think they got them from a public pool in combination with plastic sandals (swim ones). I ended up taking them to their doctors office and they froze them off. Was painful for both but within one day they were very relieved. And yes, you can get this stuff in drugstore over the counter, but I would let someone else do it for you to make sure you get them good!

Good Luck! [​IMG]

4. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Songster

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Ok, I aint never tried that... How much is the stuff?

And thanks for the advice yall! Trust me, I really appreciate it!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  5. sunnydee

sunnydee Songster

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    Or..if they are not very painful right now you can use the good ole' duct tape trick. Cover a wart with gray duct tape for 30 days (change only when necessary). Wart will be gone!

6. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

I THINK it's around $20 but it does like 20 applications. It's not a HORRIBLE pain, but it stings a little bit. Really nothing to it. You hold it on the wart for 1 minute so as to deeply freeze/burn the roots. When you think you cannot stand it any longer just keep counting and think how nice it will be to be rid of them.

7. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Songster

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Back in the day, when I was 13 years old I had a plantars wart in/on the ball off my right foot. (I just had to think about it and I knew exactly which foot) Weekly, I would go to the Dr office and he would apply liquid nitrogen - hurt like heck. Then he would apply a black tar like substance. Eventually it went away and the crater in the ball of my foot went away.
    I am sure there are more advanced ways to do away with them, but I have to tell you, I got my own private shower for PE in high school and in jr hi I did not even have to do PE because of it.

It was this time of year, my brother and I went with our grandma to get her house ready for Xmas at her house in the high desert (Pinyon Pines). My foot hurt so bad that I could not put on shoes, but there was snow at her house. I had to put on my galoshes - left foot with shoes and socksl, right foot with layer after layer of socks - to be able to go outside.

Good luck with your plantar warts - I am sure you can find a great treatment - a dematologist would be able to give you much more accurate advice.

8. Ugly Cowboy

Ugly Cowboy Songster

Apr 25, 2008
    Corn, OK
    Quote:Neat! I aint never heard of that one! Unfortenately, there gettin to where I dont even want to walk to my huntin stand... thats when ya know they hurt LOL!

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] Never had em, never want em.

10. sunnydee

sunnydee Songster

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    If you can bare with them for a week or so the duct tape will work! The will become smaller and softer within the week. Good ole' duct tape is the best stuff around my house!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: