1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Plants?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by thekid, Jan 19, 2011.

1. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

What kind of plants would I need for pheasants except corn there will not be enought room for that? I remember once I bought a wild seed thing at walmart and they had all the plants that a pheasant would dream to live in (well dream to have in their pen) there were sunflowers and this vine thing that grew really big and a bunch of other plants it was really nice. The sunflowers came back for about 5 years then wild finches started to eat at the seeds and they never came back except for last some grew back but I think that was from my moms bird feed. Seggestions? Thankyou [​IMG]

2. thekid

help

3. BAMABIRDS

BAMABIRDS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    FOR LADY AMHERSTS YOU DONT REALLY NEED PLANTS UNLESS YOU JUST WANT THEM FOR LOOKS.
    Chasmanthium latifolium,Phalaris arundinacea, and or Panicum virgatum FOUND ON GBWF.ORG (IF YOU HAVENT LOOKED THERE, ITS A GREAT SITE)

4. thekid

Thankyou [​IMG]

5. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Are ferns safe with goldens/ornamental pheasants?

6. thekid

bamabirds that website gave my computer a virus now i have to use thy slowest laptop ever [​IMG]

7. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:THERE IS NO VIRUS ON GBWF.ORG

8. BAMABIRDS

BAMABIRDS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    I highly doubt it's that website

9. Rocket Up

Rocket Up Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2011
    Nebraska
    Everything is good now.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  10. thekid

like right when i went on that website my computer just got a bunch of stuff (bad stuff) started popping up

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by