1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Plastic Door Guards

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by iwiw60, Aug 30, 2014.

1. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Plastic door guard snaps over sharp edges of that FENCING!!! WHY didnt I think of this!!!"

[​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi iwiw60, when we built our run we cut a slit along one side of plastic tubing to cover our fencing edges and held it in place with zip ties every so often. Worked well and since we already had miles & miles of the tubing and a huge container of zip ties, the cost was sure right.

The edging you picture would be easier to attach because that tubing was a pain to slit...just saying there's more than one way.

Thanks for showing the edging!

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Where did you get it? Link to product?

4. Margot

Margot Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2009
    Paw Paw, MI
    Couldn't you use an old garden hose. Cut to fit then split along it length wise? I use old hose for alot of things around the barn.

Margot

5. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Genius!! [​IMG]

6. jdlong27

jdlong27 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2014
    Upstate SC
    This is great! thanks! I've been considering attaching a chicken moat to their run in the future to surround the garden. An idea I had was the plastic "make your own" binder/folder retention clips. But this would be available in larger sizes. Great idea!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by