Plastic Waterer Nipples vs Stainless Steel Waterer Nipples???

craftymama86

Songster
9 Years
Oct 31, 2010
On the side of a knoll...
I know chickens are attracted to red and would be a pro for the plastic waterer nipples but are there benefits to having the stainless steel waterer nipples? Does anyone use the stainless steel? We need to get these soon but I wanted to see which would be better. From what I've seen the stainless steel waterer nipples are cheaper which don't make sense to me. Anyways, I would REALLY appreciate some answers. Thank you.
smile.png

Last edited:
I do not know where you found the all SS nipple drinkers cheaper than SS/Plastic ones but this certainly is not typical.
The SS ones are two or three pieces and can become seperated and lost. They work best in square pipe which is not readily available. Too many varibles that do not contribute any5hing useful.
I do not even offer them to backyard poultry people.

Thank you so much for the info. I'll let my hubby know. I don't remember what sites I found those nipples. All the plastic ones though have been over $2 and the SS ones I found were like $1.85. I've seen that some on here have bought their plastic ones for less than $2 but I don't know where they found them for that little. I just thought of something else, how many waterer nipples should one have? Like 1 for every _ chickens? We still don't know yet how many RIRs we're getting.

Quote:
Neil (from a couple of posts above) can set you up with the nipples and give good advice for using them, too. Send him a pm being as he may not be keeping up with this thread.

Best wishes,
Ed

Back
Top Bottom