Plausible Deniability

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Chicken.Lytle, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

To all you people who post about operating firearms in the vicinity of legally protected creatures:

Suggest you cultivate the habit of discretion and ambiguity when referring to such activities. The internet is easily monitored and you would not want your words to be misconstrued by somebody in a position to cause you trouble.

So use your guns to scare away critters you cannot legally shoot. OK?

2. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Chicken.Lytle :

To all you people who post about operating firearms in the vicinity of legally protected creatures:

Suggest you cultivate the habit of discretion and ambiguity when referring to such activities. The internet is easily monitored and you would not want your words to be misconstrued by somebody in a position to cause you trouble.

So use your guns to scare away critters you cannot legally shoot. OK?

In some states and jurisdictions, it is also illegal to HARRASS the federally protected animals. That includes shooting "towards" them, firing of fireworks, chasing, and other means, etc. Check with your local and federal wildlife agencies before taking action.

In the case of SSS, please understand, it only works if you employ the last S, and are not in a procimity where someone may see you! If you can't be sure of the neighbors, trespassers, or your own mouth, then I would advise against it! There are stiff penalties for killing federally protected animals and birds.

Bottom line: BUILD YOUR COOP AND RUN ADEQUATELY AND SECURELY! Then you won't have to worry about a predator eating your chickens or other livestock. It is up to you to use PREVENTIVE measures to make them safe.

3. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Even better advice!

4. Mountain Man Jim

Mountain Man Jim Chillin' With My Peeps

Great advice!

Jim

5. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Please remember that only the government can harrass protected species through shock, mass netting, and let's not forget darting under the guise of management. I personaly will not kill or harrass a federally protected species, or any other animal that is going about it's everyday business.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by