Play fighting chicks

ChikenChik

Chirping
Jun 7, 2016
Kingsley MI
My 3 week old Icelandics play fight constantly. It started about a week ago. Does that mean they are roos? It is both of them though one seems dominant. They feathered out fast but I read that Icelandics do. I am really hoping for one of each or both hens!

I have a chick of 6 weeks I thought female as smaller and with different sized tail to the other two (no longer feathers), but now seen him/her pushing out neck feathers when arguing. Should I be worried?

Yeah I am not worried it is all just playing and actually really cute! Those two make way more of a ruckus than my 8 Australorps did this spring! Feisty little things! I will try to get some pictures if they ever stay still.

I have a chick of 6 weeks I thought female as smaller and with different sized tail to the other two (no longer feathers), but now seen him/her pushing out neck feathers when arguing. Should I be worried?
Worried about them hurting each other no. Worried about being a roo maybe. My Australorp roos feathered out much slower than my females and the size difference didn't show up until later. I also had some Bresse mixes a few years ago and the smallest ended up being a little roo.

ice1.jpg
ice2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom