Playhouse coop

GoAngels

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 8, 2010
Southern California
I built a hoop tractor / coop, but my wife has been bugging me to build something more like a "shelter" for the hens. She doesn't think that hoop coop covered by a tarp cuts it and isn't cute (which is probably the main thing).

So I'm thinking about taking this playhouse: http://www.keter.com/products/garden-villa-playhouse/ and turning it into a coop attached to the hoop coop as a run. What do you all think? Is this a good playhouse to work from? I can get a new one for about $150. I've been trying to get something from Craigslist for a while but all the used playhouses are too expensive.

Some one made a lovely duplex out of play houses, it was on just the other day. Do a search for (?) playhouse coop or something-I am awful at search words, and look for a current date.
They put hardware cloth inside the widows, it was great!

Here is a picture of our Duplex.... maybe this will help.
56030_duplex.jpg

I love your coop. I just bought a used playhouse and I have lots of questions. What kind of litter do you have in your coop? How often do you have to clean it out? What about rain, does it rain inside the coop? Is that a problem. Thanks so much.
Cindy

One recommendation with those playhouses is depending on the climate that you are living in, check and see if you need to insulate it because it looks like there is a lot of wide openings on those playhouses. So make sure those chickens are warm in the winter.

Good luck

Living in Southern California, you won't have to be worried about cold at all; rather, heat will be your concern.

I'm looking to buy some of those play houses as well. Just posted around other sites on facebook for my area. My state has facebook pages for people in our areas county wise with listings for sale or looking for ads. Works great.

Back
Top Bottom