Playhouse Question

4theloveofhens

Songster
9 Years
May 26, 2010
Quick question about playhouse coop. How do you guys attach the playhouse to the floor, like in this picture? We just want to make sure it won't blow away! Also, any pics of playhouse coops with runs would be appreciated!

56030_hardatwork.jpg

how many chickens would this hold as a closed night time coop? i am considering one of these as a coop with attached run / free range time..

Quote:
Hey mason, I am thinking about doing it too. I have 4 girls, 2 red sex links, 1 wyandotte, and 1 bantam cochin.

If you look at the bottom right hand corner of the playhouse, just below and to the right of the door, you will see a "L" bracket just as mentioned in the above post. That is my Hubby putting on some finishing touches to one of the playhouses we used. He put several of these brackets inside and outside the playhouse to attach it to the base. Believe me, it's not going anywhere!! We eventually turned our's into a duplex and the chickens are enjoying the extra room.

If you pick the brackets up at a hardware store they usually come with screws. I think we actually used the wider headed screws that we had from installing the hardware cloth on the windows because they were self tapping and worked well into the plastic. Just be careful not to over-tighten them into the plastic as it can be pretty soft compared to the wooden base.

As for how many it will hold...... we had three to start and had one playhouse. We added two more so we turned things into a duplex. We will be putting the nesting boxes on one side and have the roost on the other. (they all like to sleep in one side together anyway!) The windows line up and serve as a "pass thru" so they can move from side to side at will even when they are closed inside. Here is a picture of the expanded duplex.

By the way..... we are back down to 4 now as we had to re-home one that started crowing!! So now we have plenty of room!!!

56030_duplex.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to build a night time coop from this playhouse:
41679_barbieplayhouse.jpg

See the little "french door" at the bottom right of this second photo? It opens! Wouldn't that be so cute for a chicken door, especially if I use it for my banties?
41679_barbieplayhouse2.jpg

The back isn't visible in these photos, but it's got an open counter top/table bit, which is where I think I'll put the nest boxes. Gotta figger out how to do that.

But I was delighted at the pink & purple.
gig.gif

My mind is racing. I've been all over the Playhouse threads.... great stuff! I can hardly wait to see it occupied!
41679_barbieplayhouse1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom