Playing hooky for attention?

Roxas13

Chirping
Sep 7, 2020
Has anyone else ever seen a chicken acting sick in the coop, but as soon as you bring her in, she seems fine? I had a 7 week old bantam baby acting super lethargic and poofy when I was sitting in their coop with the rest of her little flock of 6 bantams. The other chicks were acting normal: chasing each other around, hopping up on my lap, scratching and pecking at the ground. But the one little baby was not acting right. So I decided to bring her in overnight to keep and eye on her, but just a few minutes after coming inside, she perked right up and is acting fine. Could she have been acting sick for attention? Do chickens even do that?? Any info helps, thanks!

Has anyone else ever seen a chicken acting sick in the coop, but as soon as you bring her in, she seems fine? I had a 7 week old bantam baby acting super lethargic and poofy when I was sitting in their coop with the rest of her little flock of 6 bantams. The other chicks were acting normal: chasing each other around, hopping up on my lap, scratching and pecking at the ground. But the one little baby was not acting right. So I decided to bring her in overnight to keep and eye on her, but just a few minutes after coming inside, she perked right up and is acting fine. Could she have been acting sick for attention? Do chickens even do that?? Any info helps, thanks!
I dont believe a chicken would do that...what symptoms did she show?

Back
Top Bottom