Pleasant Surprise by USPS's Finest

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by speckledhen, Feb 17, 2009.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

And I mean that, too. Wasnt being sarcastic! Came home, checked the mail. My mail carrier, Mike, left me a gift...two adorable rooster magnets! I was floored! He's the one who knows I want to pick up eggs at the P.O. rather than have him deliver them and always calls me. What a great guy!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] yea, two thumbs up to one of the USPS's finest!

2. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Cool! Good stuff....nice to see the positive side of humanity at work [​IMG]

Pass it on [​IMG]

UC

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

How cool! I'm going to try to talk to my postal office this week and see if they will hold my packages for the week that all of my ordered eggs are coming.

4. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    When I first had hatching eggs shipped it was my mail carrier who brought it to my attention that they shouldn't be delivered in the cold and asked me to be sure any future shipments had my phone # on the box so he could call me to arrange for pick up.

Ya gotta love the folks who care!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    That sweet of him! I also have a great post master that goes out of his way to help me with the hatching eggs.

6. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Cynthia - That is awesome. I have shared in the past that our mail lady is great for us also. When she delivers a package, she always checks our outside garage door and if it is unlocked, she sets our packages inside.

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Thats very nice of him. You have a nice usps mail carrier.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

How nice! That's how the people at my post office are [​IMG]

10. lostsoulhelpmejebus

lostsoulhelpmejebus Incubating Fool

Sep 23, 2008
    Roanoke, Illinois
    My mail person, umm, errr, leaves alot to be desired. I have to have anything I don't want out in the weather or delivered properly held at the post office. If someone does not mark right on the box "HOLD AT PO, DO NOT DELIVER" I can't just call the office and ask it be held, must be on the box, according to the postmaster.
    I have had baby orchid plants left in a snowdrift, hatching eggs hanging on the mailbox all day during a cold spell and many other items too numerous to mention. I have a huge tote installed on my front porch just so I can ask the items be placed in it when delivered. UPS and FEDEX have no problem leaving things in there...they delivery quite frequently. The USPS person refuses to leave anything in the tote on the front porch, has to go in the box on the other side of the road. I have even tried cookies, rumcake and other goodies to get on her good side...no such luck. If I can't get it delivered UPS or FEDEX I take a big deep breathe and specify HOLD AT PO, DO NOT DELIVER...then hope the sender does so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by