Please advise

Discussion in 'Quail' started by LADYKK, Jul 23, 2010.

1. LADYKK

LADYKK Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    Hi,
    We live in upper East TN and have just recently gotten some quail - adult Pharaohs and have just recently hatched out some Bobwhites.
    We are enjoying them so. We have had some people contacting us wanting to buy a couple of adult quail. What is a reasonable price per bird?
    Thanks for your advice!
    Karen

2. Quailfamah

Quailfamah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    central maine
    bobwhites- $7.00 per adult

pharoah- $4.00 per adult

3. Quail's Hollar Farm

Quail's Hollar Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  4. LADYKK

LADYKK Out Of The Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks so much for your advice. I have another question. When selling the live quail, what type box or carton do you place them in for the
    buyer to transport them in? Where can I order those?
    Thanks again.

5. apc

apc Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Chickland, Il
    I use a good ole fashion cardboard box with holes for the coturnix. You could even ziptie some chicken wire over the top of the box for more airflow. Ive saw people do this with bobwhites [​IMG] (I use this method at the swaps so people can see them, and that way they dont get too hot.

6. Quailfamah

Quailfamah Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    central maine
    heres a little trick for perfect size quail boxes. order a bunch of those fre priority mall small boxes form the united states post office

7. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    T he liquor stores and grocery stores here give boxes free if you know how to fold the top down the right way it kina acts as a way in but not out. I cut a couple of holes in the side too most times I ask people to bring their own cages to transport them in.

8. TomNY

TomNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2010
    When I took quail to swap meets I sold them in paper bags I bought from the local hardware store. I cut holes in 10 or 12 at a time with a utility knife. Males from one market crate, females from another. Two in a bag and staple it shut. It was the only way to sell 100 quail a few at a time. Tom

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by