please awnser QUIK my chick with hurt foot!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by roostersandhens, Feb 9, 2013.

1. HELP!!! my 2 week old baby chick hurt its foot what do i do? her/his name is moose and moose can barely walk any suggestions or opinions what should i do. i feel so bad for her/him. please reply quikly thank you so much if you have anwnser. do you think he/she will be ok? i am so sad my chick is hurting. [​IMG]

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    More info please. Is it an open wound or more like a sprain? One thing for sure - limit its mobility in a dog cage or cardboard box. Make it comfortable with food and water and heat. Try to keep it near but not with the others or it will get panicky.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  3. here is more information not an open wound. it is a sprain or break the little guy is with a moma and i can not take her away from the mom they will both get upset do you think he/she will need a bandage or anything to help heal or make it feel better?

4. Moose is all better now he/she seemed to be in alot of pain before I glad Moose is better!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by