Please, be kind to your loved ones...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by spacecowgirl, Dec 26, 2011.

1. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    I just attended the funeral of a friend today. She was only 29 years old and, yes, it's the day after Christmas.

As heart wrenching as that is for her family and friends, she had just had an argument with her brother and, after who knows how many harsh words were exchanged, moments later stepped out into traffic and was hit by a cargo van. She was killed instantly.

As you can imagine, he was a complete mess today, and I can't begin to imagine how terrible he will feel about those last moments with his sister for the rest of his life. I would link the news article on the story, which even mentions the argument, but out of respect for the family I won't.

But, it does give me pause and realize that no matter how mad/ frustrated/ ticked off at someone you are, don't let them leave without telling them you love them...because you may never see them again. [​IMG]

2. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    That is so sad! [​IMG]

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Truly sad. He will beat himself up for the rest of his life.

5. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I'm so sorry about your friend and her brother. It's hard way to learn the lesson of how important it is to be kind to the people we love.

6. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    I m so sorry you had to go through this. I remind my kids of this often. I had a cousin, years ago that was killed instantly by a drunk driver. This was after an arguement with one of her sisters about clothes. You never know when you leave someone, if you will return. Tell them you love them!!!!

7. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I tell my family the same thing.Arguments happen but you need to take that step to resolve it right away,because you never know.......

8. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Ephesians 4:26

9. spacecowgirl

spacecowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    Quote:Thanks. Very true.

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yes its important if you have an arguement and one is ready to leave the mess, always rememeber to let them know "I did this because I LOVE you!"

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by