Please be safe this holiday weekend [GRAPHIC PICTURES/VIDEO]

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HR Patterson, Jul 3, 2008.

1. HR Patterson

HR Patterson Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Gravity, PA
    I came across this crash on Tuesday as I came into Columbus. Seems someone was drinking and driving during the day. I think it was about 2:00 P.M. when this happened. Just a few reminders that we hear all the time, but do we do them? I have had a seatbelt save my life (delivering feed to a chicken farm, of all things!) FIRST: Don't drink and drive or ride with someone that has been drinking. SECOND: ALWAYS wear a seat belt. THIRD: ALWAYS make your children wear their seatbelts (I see alot of kids unbuckled in the backseats everyday and believe it or not, I STILL see parents holding infants in the front seat, it makes me cringe everytime I see it!) FORTH: PAY ATTENTION! The severity of most crashes can be lessened if YOU are watching the road and are able to avoid a collision and not dialing a cell phone/changing CD's etc. FIFTH: BE PATIENT if you get to the red light faster than me what is your prize?

I knew it would be bad with 2 news helicopters circling for 1/2 hour.
    [​IMG]

I thought maybe a trooper was involved in the crash for as many patrol cars that were there
    [​IMG]

The car that is cut in half it the one that crossed the median and also the one that was drinking
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The white car is the one that "never saw it coming"
    [​IMG]

Here is the updated story from channel 4
    http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-07-02-0009.html

Here is video from channel 10
    http://wwwphp.10tv.com/vplayer.php?clip=2008_07_02_i70_fatal_crash_11pm.wmv

SO PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Pay attention when you are driving! The split second when this crash happened could be the one that you are distracted by something that is not worth your life.

2. WillsMama93

WillsMama93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Shreveport, La
    I agree.. I wish everyone on the BYC a safe and happy holiday weekend! I pray safety for you, and for yours.

Happy 4th of July!!

[​IMG]

3. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    [​IMG]

To bad the beer companies dont' show things like this in their adds.

4. HR Patterson

HR Patterson Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    Gravity, PA
    To bad the beer companies dont' show things like this in their adds.

I agree! I think the TRUTH ads should expand to include alcohol abuse also.​

5. WisconsinChick

WisconsinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:its not the beer's fault, the idoit that decided to drive under the influence is at fault.

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    My cousin (same age as me and the only other cousin my age...now I'm the only oldest...) served two tours in Iraq. He came home after serving and a month later he and his fiancee were killed by a drunk driver. The drunk driver survived.

The beer and liquor companies aren't to blame for bad choices. People need to realize that they themselves are responsible for their own actions.

I drink, but I don't get drunk. I also never drink and drive.

Have a safe and happy 4th!

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

OH my god! That is horrible. Poor family!

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    This is also the reason that my husband is the Director over an Addictions Program at our church "Reformers Unanimous". It's really hard for us to see things like this, because we deal with people that are "alcoholics" or as society labels it "social drinkers".

This is what gets me...........On the back of a beer truck it says "beeresponsible" how can you be responsible and make clear choices while drinking?

I am so glad there is a program out there that helps. http://www.reformu.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by