Please be some breeders out there

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CrestedGirl, Sep 29, 2011.

1. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I desperately need some LF bearded buff laced polish. I am coming to realize that large fowl are very scarce. We have two excellent hens who have done very well at the past 2 shows we have been to, I need some quality roos that i can pair my girls with. Any breeders out there? Or do you know of any breeders? I know there is someone in Florida who raises them i think.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I have a hard time finding them near me too. I've had my roo for a year and a half and I've seen 2 pullets since then and no more. Someone else got to those before me.

My Bling is so lonely!

3. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Those are lovely hens.

I'm hearing from my show chicken friends that a lot of breeders have turned to the bantams. There are fewer and fewer breeders of large fowl.

The last show I went to, it seemed to be about 50/50, so there are still large fowl exhibitors out there.

What is really getting thin on the ground is waterfowl, especially geese.

Sorry, I don't know a breeder for you. You might have to adjust your expectations about the distances you are going to have to travel to get your birds.

4. acy0029

acy0029 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Tucson
  5. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Thank you, I just became a member of the club about a week ago [​IMG]

6. exop

exop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If you decide to go the hatchery-breeder route, try Duane Urch in Minnesota, who has large fowl buff laced Polish; his ad can be seen in Backyard Poultry magazine here... a little ways down the page. He is a conservation - 4H breeder who has been in business since the 1960s.

I have also been very impressed at every turn by Cackle Hatchery , in Missouri, who carry bearded buff laced in large fowl:
    [​IMG]
    Cackle is a small family hatchery who manage their rare breed flocks themselves.

Best of luck to you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by