Please bring an old lady up to date on teenage/young adult slang

As long as they're not cursing it's fine. I'm enough of a control freak already. Don't need to add that to the list. PDsavage has it right. It's the same thing as clothes and hair. Teens just need to be different. Just like anyone on this forum that's over the age of 10 when they were teenagers..

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Nope, goth and emo are not the same thing. Emos are really, really annoying and tend to be our (meaning goths such as myself) worst enemy.

As to the OP, I could give you l337 and gamer speak. That's about it.
hu.gif
I'm not a teen though, so I don't know any of what they say. It confuses me.

"thats whats up!"..means.. thats cool or good..
cant think of any more right now... but i hear them all day long..
roll.png

Quote:
My boyfriend says that all the time and it tends to get on my nerves. I'm an early 90's kid and went through the preppy/skater/emo/indie/nerd phases. I remember when I was 15 I had a black tee shirt with an emo fairy on it that said "I'm a little princess" I have no clue what I was thinking but I'm glad I finally found my style. My mom was a 70's hippie so I grew up on Rolling Stones, Patsy Cline, Neil Young, Elvis, And Pink Floyd. I guess now I'm a mix of everything when it comes to my style.
The only slang I use is LOL, and when I can't think of something I tend to say, "Whatchamacallit"

Quote:
Ohhhh... Okay, I don't know why they called music 'emo'. If somebody is emo, it basically means they're always depressed, want to die, cut, etc.

KK: Okay.

i'm just saying this: Emo dose not mean they want to cut or alway deressed. Emo was really just a tpye of dress, hair, and muise. I'm upset that people think emo as that and try to be 'emo' plese get your fact staight before you post
smile.png
Because it's not fun getting call that trust me and it's funny as people when people try to be one.
tongue.png

and i'm starting to lean the lauged from my freind... i hate it when they use it they foget that we may be soon teen but i have no clue what they talking about this is what i know
lol...laught out loud jk...just kidding chese its...chese it

Oh, so 'fail', 'win', 'pwn' and all of those gaming-esque memes count as slang? Hm... Intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom