PLEASE!!! Chick in distress! Breathing complications!

cochinfan05

Songster
6 Years
Jun 14, 2013
LaFargeville NY
Was just out in the coop and was hearing a gasping noise. Looked to find one of my 5 week old bantam cochin in a somewhat hunched position taking deep wheezing breaths. I was just out this morning feeding them scrambled eggs and did not notice this. There are 12 that have been raised by my broody and all the others look healthy otherwise. Is she choking on a piece of scrambled egg? Or perhaps aspirated on it? Please tell me what I can do to help this poor baby. Thank you.

I've moved the chick inside and syringe fed it about 1 cc of water with save a chick in it. It makes a gasping noise, stretches it neck then opens it mouth with every breath. I'm trying to look around the forums but finding nothing.......

Poor little fella passed away. I really believe it either aspirated on food or was maybe stepped on by a larger bird (although no visible wounds)

So sorry!
1f622.png

Thank you both for your condolences. One of the hardest things about raising animals is loosing one, especially as they're raised as pets, but I guess I'll take the good with the bad.

Back
Top Bottom