Please come and play "ID that chick!" lotsa pics

Hooterville

Songster
11 Years
Jun 20, 2008
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Hi all!
frow.gif

I received my chicks from Cackle yesterday and we have had a lot of fun trying to figure out who's who.

This is what we ordered--
partridge cochins
welsumers--(little troublemakers!)
light brahmas
cuckoo marans
rainbow assorted pullets
We received 8 more than we ordered and I haven't a clue what those would be. I could use some help IDing these guys.
Please play!
Baby
Baby.jpg

This one has a cross on its head and it almost looks like ink!
Cross
Cross2.jpg

Cross body
cross1.jpg

Pebbles side
Pebbles1.jpg

Pebbles top
Pebbles.jpg

Spot
Spot.jpg

Goldie
goldie.jpg

Happy
happy.jpg

Loudmouth Lemon
lemon.jpg

Rusty
rusty.jpg

Shadow
shadow.jpg

Yellow
yellow.jpg

[The names are above the pics]

Thanks for any ideas you might have!
big_smile.png

Becky

Happy looks like a white jersey giant. Baby looks like either a cuckoo maran or a BR, as does Spot. Cross could be a NHR or RIR. Lemon almost has the fluffy face look of an EE. Rusty looks like a gold-laced somebody - I'm currently confused about my 4wk gold-laced somebody! Those are my guesses, wonder if I'm right on any of them...

I'd guess Shadow isn't a maran. Its comb is black, which makes me think something like minorca. My 19wk black minorca had a black comb until she was about 15 weeks old.

Quote:
I agree, I recently got some chicks from MM and the RIR's had the same thing (some was more of a dot and some more of a line shape) but looked like ink on the back of their heads. Coloring, wing tips, beak, and legs all looked just like 'cross' too.

Spot and Baby look like my Barred Rocks did, Cross possible Rhode Island Red, Pebbles - Partridge Rock, Goldie - Buff Orp., Loudmouth Lemon - Delaware, and I'm not sure about the others! I do not claim to be an expert by any means, but these are my guesses. They all are adorable!
smile.png

I didn't check if Cackle has these breeds but Spot could be a Speckled Sussex and Rusty might be a Silver Spangled Hamburg. Spot and Baby look like barred rocks.

Back
Top Bottom