1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PLEASE COME GET MY 2 BABY GEESE!!!! FREE, FREE, FREE!!!!ALABAMA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by PearlD, Jun 27, 2008.

1. PearlD

PearlD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    I need to find them a good home [​IMG]

I just don't have the time to spend with them like I should. I hatched them out in late April, and they are HUGE. Not sure the breed, but they are grey with white chests. They imprinted on me, and refuse to stay at the pond. They just hang out at the back door waiting for me......and pooping..............alot.

If you are interested, I will email you some pics. Just send me your email addy to: tygers4me@aol.com

They really are sooooo sweet and funny, but I go to college full-time, have 2 kids, and have other obligations that prevent me from loving them like I should.........

2. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    Thank you for the BIGGEST LAUGH I've had in longer than I can remember. I know exactly what you mean about "waiting at the back door........and POOPING...............ALOT."

I'm in NY, so I can't take them off your hands. Wish I could because I have a friend looking for a couple of FRIENDLY baby geese. They would fit the bill for her!!

Good luck!

3. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    I am sorry to hear about your poo problem...lol I went through the same thing. I would suggest penning them up by the pond with a wading pool for a while so that they know they are suppose to stay there.. My geese did the same thing until they became full adults and then they started wandering away from the house. I wish I could help you out but Iowa is a little far. If the pond is not to big I would use chicken wire and go all the way around it about 4 or 5 foot away from the pond. Good luck, Jenn

4. PearlD

PearlD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Northwest Alabama
    LOL!! We did just that yesterday Jcove.......and in 5 minutes they knocked the wire down and were busting a trail to the house to find me. I guess I thought they liked the water....?

5. chiknhut

chiknhut Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll take them if you can wait til tomorrow for me to pick them up.

6. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

:lol:If they weren't so messy and our winters so long, I'd fully convert to only geese! Really, its a tie between the geese and chickens, they're both great!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by