Please confirm sex - RIR 9-10weeks

AlHawk

Chirping
Nov 3, 2015
Melbourne Florida
I think I know the answer but would one (or 100) of you geniuses confirm my Roo? I'm not allowed roos but there are several in the neighborhood. I'm really more upset because I need the large eggs.

thx

These are comparison RIR from the same batch

Suspected Roo

Suspected Roo (same chicken). Black in tail and on shoulders. Comb been larger than the others since he (she) was 4wks.

barnie.gif

Well, I'm 1 for 1. This one is an EE I've had suspicions about too. I may get a really good Chicken Soup pretty soon. She/He has very broad shoulders and larger than the others pea comb. Comb is very pale pink.

Well, I'm 1 for 1. This one is an EE I've had suspicions about too. I may get a really good Chicken Soup pretty soon. She/He has very broad shoulders and larger than the others pea comb. Comb is very pale pink.

A comb shot would confirm, but that does look like a cockerel. the red bird next to it is pinging my roo-dar, also, so you might want to post pics of it. The two birds in the front are pullets.

A comb shot would confirm, but that does look like a cockerel. the red bird next to it is pinging my roo-dar, also, so you might want to post pics of it. The two birds in the front are pullets.
The one next to it is the bird from the top of this post. Your Roo-Dar is very acute.
big_smile.png

Everything but the start of sickle feathers says hen to me, and I have a Serama hen with small sickles. If you can get a comb shot we can help you better
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom