1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Please confirm these guys Gender!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MallyCat22, Jun 19, 2011.

1. MallyCat22

MallyCat22 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2010
    Weed C.A
    So these two are 3 weeks old. I only got two out of 12 eggs!!!!! but thats ok they are all i really needed:p. Anyway so i reallllllly need a rooster, and i think i got lucky here! My guess is that my little white cochin, Briscuit, is a roo because he is feathering in much slower and his comb is bigger and turmimg reddish. The other one (what color is she) i believe is a she. She, Oreo, is feathering in rappidly and has a smaller yellow comb. So what do you guys think!? Am a right????[​IMG]:ro ( by the way they are both Bantam Cochins)

Briscuit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oreo:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Biscuit is a roo.

Oreo...Oreo is barred, it's kind of hard to say right now...look up color sexing BR's. It works for any barred bird.

3. MallyCat22

MallyCat22 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2010
    Weed C.A
    Yay!!!! Now i dont have to go buy a rooster! Thanks so much! Other opinions would be very much appreciated. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    They both look like roosters.

5. PHILMAN

PHILMAN Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2011
    South Plainfield , NJ
    Biscuit Is a roo ! I second that ! But the other im not sure ! GFood luck . [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by