Please confirm this is an Ameraucana chick?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wahmommy, Aug 14, 2010.

1. wahmommy

wahmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2010
    And yes I know hatchery chicks are usually EEs, which is fine. Just want the colored eggs, and now i'm confused as to what I have. This one was sold to me as an Ameraucana at the same place I got the welsummer - they get their chicks from Privett.

here's some photos:

[​IMG]

here's another one, the ameraucana is the chick in the back:

[​IMG]

2. neuchicontheblock

neuchicontheblock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    could be

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'd say that it could be an EE.

4. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

If they got it from Privett it's an EE. I have 4 EEs directly from Welp and 3 lay green eggs and 1 lays brown.... however I made my own EE crossing an EE roo and black leghorn hen and the pullet from that cross, she's all black, lays the prettiest sky blue egg as frequent as a leghorn!!!

5. huckleberryfarm

huckleberryfarm Chickenista

Jan 7, 2010
    Greenwood, SC
    That looks like the EE I got from Welp. Mine aren't laying yet since they're only 4 weeks old but I'm happy to hear about the green eggs. That would be cool!

6. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    In the 2nd pic it looks like the one in front has green legs and the one in back has yellow. I would say the one with the green legs is your EE.

7. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Got to say EE there are no Ameraucana colors that look like that as chicks.There isn't a hatchery that sells true Ameraucana's but your cutie looks like a normal EE chick and if you want colored eggs they are a great choice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by