Please could anyone tell me is this diarreah?

GreekSunshine

Chirping
8 Years
May 13, 2015

Hello I am a new chicken "owner - enthusiast" and Sunshine is a rescued battery hen, that was blown of a truck, run over and landed in front of my car.
She is very lively now and started to forage in the garden. Since Sunday however, she is pooping more loose or watery poo. At night there is still the formed poo, in the morning the pudding type and the formed poo in the soup. The color of the poo in the water might change between brown or black.
Her appetite is great and she is discovering now new tastes every day. What can I - should I do?
Thank you very much Sunshine's Mom.
PS Sunshine is still very much underweight, so I consider this a bit of an issue. She eats layers mash, Swiss muesli mix with dried fruit, loves raisins and cranberries, earthworms, insects, oat flakes, sunflower seed, mealworms ......

When my chickens digestive system was defected I gave them yogurt. The yogurt cleared there stomach and they deficated normally. Also adding proteins to her diet might induce muscle growth

My ducklings (3 weeks old) have a runny poop. What do I do? First time owner of ducks and chicks. Raising them together with 7 chicks.

My ducklings (3 weeks old) have a runny poop. What do I do? First time owner of ducks and chicks. Raising them together with 7 chicks.
Could you upload a photo? What are they eating? Do they have water with food 24/7? Ducklings have different water needs than chicks.

Perhaps you could post over on the Duck Forum, where there are many duck and duckling people who can help.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Back
Top Bottom