PLEASE DON'T POST ANYTHING

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by joebryant, May 5, 2008.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Will everybody stop posting and not post anything new until October 05. I'm new to "chickens", know absolutely nothing about them, but will have some to hatch in ten days. Meanwhile, as of this morning there are:
    Total number of topics: 50144
    Total number of posts: 529345 for me to read. It will take me at least six months to catch up, maybe more (I'll let you know). I could possibly catch up sooner, but there are certain things that my wife insists that I get done around this place... take out the trash, take out the trash, take out the trash, (ad nauseum)...
    Thanks for your cooperation. Be sure to check in in October. I'll do my best to be ready then; however, that will depend on my wife's having taken full responsibility of caring for the chicks and taking out the trash.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Nice try. You're going to have to fly by the seat of your pants like everyone else. [​IMG]

3. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    [​IMG] Too funny!!!

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

5. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    I know what you mean. In order to continue with the other part of life, I finally had to pick and choose which posts I read. Otherwise, Id get no sleep, and wouldn't even have time to take care of the chickens!

6. Miltonchix

Miltonchix Taking a Break

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    Hey, another smart A** like me!! [​IMG]

Crap!! now it'll take him til December! [​IMG]

Sorry dude, you're just gonna have to wing it. [​IMG]

7. silkhope

silkhope Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    Pittsboro, NC
    I feel your pain. I miss getting on here for a weekend and have 35 pages to catch up on... it never stops. But that's why I love this place [​IMG]

8. Sorry Bud, but if I can start over at 71,with just BYC for help, so can you, any mistakes you make, your wife will remind you of them eternally. So cheer up, you'll do great. [​IMG] marrie

9. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Pffft. Fat chance! [​IMG]

10. Settin'_Pretty

Settin'_Pretty Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2008
    North Georgia
    Quote:Do like everybody else does, put the computer in the coop and have the chickens read to you while you do your chores.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by