Please dont tell me my fave. girl is a boy...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sixxchixx, Aug 24, 2010.

1. sixxchixx

sixxchixx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2010
    Escondido, CA
    Meet Hathor (the Egyptian Goddess of MOTHERHOOD)
    She is about 8-9 weeks old and probably the sweetest chick we have. she loves being picked up and scratched.
    Lately, she has been picking on 2 of my other 4 chicks (all the same age) They have more than enough room to play and explore.
    The last 2 days I have caught her biting the neck/face of my other chicks (about four times). Is this boy behavior or are they starting to establish a pecking order thing? She doesnt crow (hardly anything more than a baby "peep)

[​IMG]

[​IMG].

[​IMG]

2. kathydoolittle

kathydoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2009
    Pittsburg KS
    I am new here and have trouble sexing my own, but I want to say pullet. But don't take my word for it.

3. sixxchixx

sixxchixx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2010
    Escondido, CA
    I hope youre right,
    (please, please, please)
    (crossed fingers)
    She/He is my son's favorite

anyone else? Ideas?

4. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    no expert either but with that much red to the comb at such a young age i would start looking for a boy name.

5. chickenlady08

chickenlady08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Well one thing I can say either way this is going to be one large chicken. Either boy or girl this is going to be a very beautiful chicken as well as being pretty large. . The legs look to big for a girl, but the comb just doesn't quite look rooish to me. But forgive me if I am wrong. I call all of mine girls and so far have only had one girl this year.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Sorry, but I'm thinking roo.

7. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    I'm pretty new too but my guess would be roo. That comb is pretty red and the tail feathers are more pointed than what I've seen in my pullets. But don't go throwing him in freezer yet! Wait for him to crow [​IMG]

And [​IMG]. You're in my neck of the woods [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by