Please guess these four breeds!

makingshift

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 28, 2013
Austin, TX
I'm helping care for the small flock at my kids' elementary school. They have four hens, about 6 months old. Can you help me sort out what breeds they are? They are all standard sized but one (Tiny Tim, who is a banty). Chirp must be an Ameracauna but I don't know about the black hen (Blackie, possibly Ameracauna?) and the other brown hen (Maggie). Any help would be appreciated! I want to tell the school kids what breeds they are.

Veer67

Songster
7 Years
Jul 2, 2013
Together with the flock
I'm helping care for the small flock at my kids' elementary school. They have four hens, about 6 months old. Can you help me sort out what breeds they are? They are all standard sized but one (Tiny Tim, who is a banty). Chirp must be an Ameracauna but I don't know about the black hen (Blackie, possibly Ameracauna?) and the other brown hen (Maggie). Any help would be appreciated! I want to tell the school kids what breeds they are.
I think she's an Old English Game bantam

Black Australorp

Easter Egger

Buff Brahma

Last edited:

makingshift

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 28, 2013
Austin, TX
You guys are awesome! Thank you so much! The only one I'm still not sure about is the banty. She doesn't look like an OEG to me. I saw a photo of a buff banty Plymouth Rock and she looked more like those but I'm really unsure. Here is another photo of the one in question.

Veer67

Songster
7 Years
Jul 2, 2013
Together with the flock

Top Bottom