Please Help! 6 Barred Rock boys?

DSC_0247.JPG

For comparison, 2 Black Sex Link Roos at 6 weeks. These came from TSC as well and were labled Barred Rock Pullets!

Update us in another 2 weeks. I absolutely see what others are saying about them looking like BSL cockerels. I do believe these are just some of the funky patterned feed store BRs that have been going around though. A BSL cockerel should have more distinct barring, and a more developed comb at 6 weeks.

Update us in another 2 weeks. I absolutely see what others are saying about them looking like BSL cockerels. I do believe these are just some of the funky patterned feed store BRs that have been going around though. A BSL cockerel should have more distinct barring, and a more developed comb at 6 weeks.
I'll post more pics a few weeks. **fingers-crossed** they stay yellow and small!

One of those black sex links became a daddy today. First time incubating eggs, and of the 6 in the bator, two have hatched within an hour or so of each other. Bruiser's eggs (BSL) are the first to hatch, Henri's eggs (BR) are just pipping now. Both have an Astrolorp/SH/Silkie cross hen as a mate. I got Bruiser and Henri in April at TSC.

That's what it looks like to me. Pullets and hatchery bred with atypical BR coloring/barring.

Back
Top Bottom