Please help a first time chicken owner sex!!

Quote:
Easter Eggers can be sexed by color.
wink.png

Quote:
I got them from TSC. Three from the production red pullet bin and three from the americauna pullet bin. I knew I'd have a few roos, the girl working knew NOTHING about chickens!!

I'll post better pictures tomorrow that show their combs.

Thanks SO VERY MUCH for helping me!!! I love these sweet birds and they are totally spoiled rotten!!!

Well those in those bins are supposed to all be pullets. They are supposed to have been sexed before they get to the store. Now I'm sure a few slip in, but not enough that most of your chicks would be roos. I still say they are mostly if not all girls.... especially if they came from pullet bins. I've got quite a few gals with nice big combs and got a little girl right now w/ some pretty giant feet! lol! I'd give it a little more time, they are still pretty young.

Quote:
It would be nice if the pullets in the bins were all pullets, then I wouldn't have to get rid of this Roo that I like so well.
Truth be told though, out of hundreds of chicks I picked up 6 and got a Roo.

Last edited:
I think the people pointing out the EE roos are those that are familiar with EE 'Roo' colors. Ora looks pullet, the other two EE's I'd guess for now roo based on color. Let us know what happens!
smile.png

Quote:
Easter Eggers can be sexed by color.
wink.png

Gee, I never knew that. That's interesting, especially since "Easter Egger" is not an official breed, and can be pretty much any crossbreed that carries the blue egg laying gene. So you're saying that Easter Eggers have sex linked colors?

Back
Top Bottom