please help again

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dbrberry, Jun 8, 2008.

1. dbrberry

dbrberry Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2008
    i can't get my humidity down. it was fine before i put my eggs in but now it is 70 i have no water in there and have opened more holes? what else can i do?

now my humidity is ok but i can't get my egg temp down-----new problem

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Just wait a couple days, and see if it goes down. If not put a dry washcloth in the bator. That might help bring down the humidity.

3. dbrberry

Jun 2, 2008
    my temps are
    100 air temp
    100 egg temp
    58 humidity which has just went down
    how long can it go like this since i now have eggs in it? i put my eggs in around 5 sunday afternoon. is it something as simple as placement of eggs?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  4. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Where do you live? I am having similar problems in Iowa where it won't quit raining. Water in my basement has raised the humidity level to 72% in the basement. I actually think its dryer in the incubator [​IMG]

5. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Sounds to me like the humidity is high in the room where the bator is.

6. dbrberry

Jun 2, 2008
    i'm in missouri. now my egg temp is higher than my air temp. what am i doing wrong? i used missprissy's styrfoam idea and it's been doing real good for so many people. it was holding everything good before i put in my eggs now it's haywire. i have 12 bantam eggs in there. how long do i have to get this figured out and still get a hatch?

7. dbrberry

Jun 2, 2008
    going nuts and afraid i'm doing something really wrong. don't wanna mess this up as it is my first time. this is almost as bad has having a baby [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:And when they start hatching, you will be rooting them on like you would a woman having a baby [​IMG]. I found that out myself today. My temps are at a steady 100* and all I have is my cells and a sponge in my bator. Oh, and this is my first hatch. So far 2 out of 4. [​IMG]

9. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Quote:I would PM Miss Prissy about this!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by