Please help Are these roosters?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tamilantis, May 18, 2011.

1. tamilantis

tamilantis New Egg

May 18, 2011
    Help! These are about 11 weeks old and I need to know if they are roosters. I heard some "cock-a-doodle-dooing" this morning. 2 look like roosters to me and the other one is smaller and does not have the red head. Please help! And if they are roosters does anyone want them or know where I can take them where they will not be harmed. Thank you!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  2. chickiepie

chickiepie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Bucks County PA
    If they are cockadoodling, well...they are probably roosters. They look like it to me but I am not an expert. From what I have read around here, it is difficult to find homes for roosters. Most people want to get rid of them. You can do a search on here for ideas from other people in the same boat. Good luck!

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  3. smarsh

smarsh Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    lexington, KY
    yes, the 2 are roosters. sorry

4. tamilantis

tamilantis New Egg

May 18, 2011
    Thank you for your help. I raised them from babies. I am sad to have to get rid of 2 of them.

5. Forever Green

Forever Green Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2009
    yes, 2 roos, sorry. Getting roos is just part of the process of having chickens. My first few batches of birds were greater than 50% roos. Craigs List has been great for me to rehome my roosters. I have met many super nice people who are looking for just 1 roo to add to their hen flock or put in their horse barn. So far, i've been very lucky at rehoming my roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by