Please help as soon as you can...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by savingpurple, Jul 2, 2011.

1. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    By the south's temps, ours is very mild, but today is almost 100, and humidity to match. Just went to check to make sure all my ladies are alive. My 15 week old WL just went poo, and the first time was watery, and shot out, but a funny green/yellow, the second time was just clear liquid,and shot out also.

Is she sick? heat related? I have save a chick electrolytes and vitamins. Should I try this?

I have given ice water to them as soon as I got home from work. She is acting okay, just panting as the others are.

She is the sweetest of the 2. Don't want to lose her to the heat!

Any help?? Thanks

2. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    If this is only happening when it's hot, what's probably going on is that she's drinking a LOT of water to compensate for the heat, so she'll poop watery poo. It's normal, if there's no other symptoms and she's drinking a lot. [​IMG]

3. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    Okay..thanks...just so worried as this is my first time with chickens and the summer heat. This is unusually hot and dry this year.

4. tammye

tammye Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    NH
    two of mine are having the same thing happen, watery, projectile poop. i was thing the heat, thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by