Please help ASAP... Having temp issues...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChobeeChickenMommy, Nov 12, 2011.

1. ChobeeChickenMommy

ChobeeChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    For some reason the temp in our bator will be perfect for a few hours & then drop to like 95 or so. We found a quick way to bring it back up by using a heating pad on low, but my hubby accidentally left it in there & the temp got all the way up to 114!!! Is my hatch doomed now?!?!?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

What day are you on, and how long was it that hot? [​IMG]

3. h4ppy-chris

h4ppy-chris Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2011
    burnley, UK
    the only way to be sure you have not cooked them is leave them for like 12 hours and candle them [​IMG]

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Keep the faith... One of my incubators went down to 93 the one day because of a power outage. When the power came back on the incubators went up to 115. I candled the eggs the next day and saw movement. I still had a good hatch.

5. ChobeeChickenMommy

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    I'm only on day 2... I thnk they were only that hot for maybe 20min or so, but I'm not sure. What do I look for when I candle them? Or should I? Thank y'all BTW!

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:You should wait for a few days. Most likely they are ok but you won't be able to tell on day 2.

7. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    what kind of bator are you useing ?

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have a Sportsman cabinet incubator but use my LG and Hova-Bator styrofoam incubators as hatchers.

9. ChobeeChickenMommy

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    We have a homemade cooler bator... The temp has been staying pretty steady now that I got the fan in there working properly. Thank goodness... Now just to wait til I can actually candle them. Thanks you all for the help!! I truly appreciate it! [​IMG] Please anymore that ya'll can give me I am open & willing to listen. (I am making a list of everything so I don't miss something...)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by