please help asap, I don't know how to mix this medication

anniemary

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
The only Corid I could find for Coccidiosis at Fleet Farm was for calves. BUT, I did find AmproMed for Poultry which is a Coccidiostat.

I just don't understand the mixing directions:

Use Directions: 1 oz = 3.5 measuring tablespoons

PREMEASURED FOR AUTOMATIC WATER PROPORTIONERS: For use in automatic water proportioners that meter 1 fl oz of stock solution per gallon of drinking water.

Dissolve AmproMed P for Poultry in one gallon of water. (Makes 1 gallon of stock solution)

To prepare dosage levels of:

0.024% - 2 bags (20 oz) in 1 gallon
.012% - 1 bag in 1 gallon
.0006% - 1/2 bag in 1 gallon

Then they give me mixing directions for 50 gallons of medicated water.

USE DIRECTIONS: Give at the .012% (10 oz Ampromed per 128 Gallons) as soon as coccidiosis is diagnosed and continue for 3-5 days. In severe outbreaks give amprolium at the .024% level. Continue with .006% amprolium medicated water for an additional 1 to 2 weeks.

I have a 3 gallon waterer for my chickens.

Do I mix up the medication first per the directions above and then add it to the water, i.e.1 oz of medicated water per gallon of fresh water?

Or am I really supposed to use 2 bags every day in a fresh gallon of water and feed that directly?

I'm so confused!!!

Thank you!!!

Never mind. My Engineer/Math whiz hubby calculated it for me. 1.5 tablespoons of powder in my 3 gallon waterer.

We are on the road to recovery!

Thank you!

As per Twincitiespoultrysupply, Amprol 128 (what you have) 1 TSP (teaspoon) per gallon for 5-7 days.

3 gallons and 3 teaspoons.

And 1 ounce = 2 Tablespoons. Just FYI.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom