Please help baby chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by iearldtg, Apr 29, 2009.

1. iearldtg

iearldtg New Egg

Apr 28, 2009
    I was surfing the internet on birds and pet birds and i saw snake eats chick live i watched the first 20 seconds and was mad as HELL. Please make sure you know where youre baby chicks are being bought for.
    Do not watch if you are squemeish (i dont no how to spell that word)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Weeeell It's not much different than feeding snakes live rats. Or chickens eating live bugs/snakes/rats. Or us humans eating grown chickens.

Food = food

I don't have a problem with it.

3. iearldtg

iearldtg New Egg

Apr 28, 2009
    Quote:the problem i have is it was shoved down with a rat that was already being eaten

BTW:Its late isnt it

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  4. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I really don't see why anyone would want to feed a chick to a snake, rats are so much more nutritious for them and the can be purchased pre-killed and frozen. They are killed humanely and packaged frozen to be thawed and fed when needed. Chicks just don't have enough substance to them to keep a snake healthy and active. Shoot, I think RodentPro.com even offers prkilled frozen chicks, too.

My chicks are pets, not snake food - and I own a snake.
    (Say "Hi!" Sweettooth) sssssssss

lol

5. xadika

xadika Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I don't think rats taste like chicken.

7. iearldtg

iearldtg New Egg

Apr 28, 2009
    Quote:If you watch some of it you would have noticed that there is a tail sticking out from the snakes mouth.This is because he shoved the baby chick down the snakes throat along with a rat

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  8. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    I have to admit...

In my EARLY 20's, before becomming a mother, I had a boa. I did video it eating a live mouse. I did this because I worked with several guys who had never seen anything like that. I don't know if it was exactly educational or not. But I had to feed my snake and she would not eat anything that wasn't alive. Some snakes won't and some will. I video'd the feeding and brought it to work and showed those who wanted to see it.

I can understand how it could be offensive [​IMG] to those who aren't interested in such things. But there are some people who may be curious about it. They have programs on tv about different animals hunting and eating in different situations because there are people who are curious about it. It might have been a good idea for the title in the video to be "warning" or "Graphic" or something that would let everyone know what they were about to view. I don't know if it did or not, I haven't seen what you are referencing.

To sum up, I guess I'm "One of THOSE people" [​IMG]

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    i bred rats, they got a better meat/bone ratio and more calories.

10. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    WHAT KIND OF PERSON WOULD FEED LIVE CHICKS TO SNAKES AND BE PROUD OF IT?!!!!!??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Why? at least a mouse had a chance to live. Even a dead chick would be better!
    [ [​IMG] /rant]

I like snakes, And would love to have a boa as a pet, but I would not feed it live food(if it will eat dead meat...), nor would I feed it a chick. I would feed it a dead mouse or rat.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by