Please help. Baby duck needs help

Houndhunter77

Chirping
Jun 19, 2018
I have a baby duck that mom stept on the egg and he is shrink wrapped and wants to come out. But i need some help. This is my first time. He is chirping and struggling like crazy. I have read so many posts and i have him in my incubator with 70 percent humidty. I think the yoke is absorbed. The other babies the mother has are all hatching today

Attachments

• D2B37ADF-ED76-4266-8F8A-3ECC09522497.jpeg
    D2B37ADF-ED76-4266-8F8A-3ECC09522497.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 13
There are a few small ones around. They are on the inside if the membrane. All the other chicks are done hatching. Just went and checked the mom. She has ten beauties. Lol

Hes just chirping like crazy. I put him back in the incubator because i was scared. I dont want to kill him. I would have just left him with mom if she didnt crack it open on accident

Try using tweezers and move the membrane from it's head, if it's trying to get out it's ready! :D just take your time, you'll probably see some blood though, my chicks are in the process of hatching and there's blood in the shells :D just to prepare you!!

Try using tweezers and move the membrane from it's head, if it's trying to get out it's ready! :D just take your time, you'll probably see some blood though, my chicks are in the process of hatching and there's blood in the shells :D just to prepare you!!

Thank you. Ya he is strugging so hard to get out. All the others are hatched so i would think he would be ready. I just dont want to kill him. I have been so patient the last to days watching the yoke absorb.

He is yawning a bit. I havnt taken him out of the bottom yet. Hes trying but hes still attached a little. I have shined a light in and i dont see any yok at all. Just looks like brown membrane. Hes trying like hell. What do you think i should do

Back
Top Bottom