PLEASE HELP!!!! bantam straight run Type and GENDER

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mljohnson05, May 23, 2011.

1. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    I need help PLEASE [​IMG] We bought 4 baby chicks that are bantam straight run.....I know there are different breeds, can Anyone PLEASE try to guess Type and Gender..I would great help ! They are all about 4 weeks old. Thank you for any guess u can give [​IMG] I posted 2 pics for each chick!

CHICK #1 (feathers on feet...Cochin?)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

CHICK # 2(also feathers on feet....Cochin?)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

CHICK # 3 (no feathers on feet)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

CHICK # 4 (no feathers on feet)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. In His Service

In His Service Wise Men Still Seek Him

Apr 25, 2010
    Catskills
    chick 3 is silver sebright

3. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    I have NO idea, but wanted to say that#3 is absolutley beautiful! I hope it can be identified and maybe I can find one for myself!! Oman...i feel the need to expand my housing all of a sudden LOL

4. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

#1-2 could be D'uccle.(Dont usually get any other colors of cochins besides white/black/blue/self blue/red from hatcheries).Depending on what hatchery they came from.... #3 (silver laced) could be Sebright OR Old English.#4 Old English.(BB Red or duckwing . On sex...#3-4 looks like possible pullets...#1 looks like a lil comb coming up possibly...not sure on #3...

5. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Thank you for all the replys so far....#2 has a good comb coming in ....but #1 has a small one that is lighter in color..and ( i hope a HER) feathers in person are White with a trace of silver tone.....if that helps....and i PRAY they are ALL BANTAMS...cause i was told they ALL were...and that is what we wanted...lol
    And Yes #3 Is my favorite (her name is Pepper) and she is a LOUD mouth ...LOL
    #1 LOVES to try and fly and is playful (hoping is a Hen)
    #2 (named Tweety) Is SOOOOO LOVING....loves to cuddle..yet is very protective over the other 3
    #4 (named Arrow) is also Loving, and goes with the flow of things
    I also think that #1, 3, 4 are Hen and that #2 is Roo...????? [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by