PLEASE HELP!!!! bantam straight run Type and GENDER

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mljohnson05, May 23, 2011.

1. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Songster

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    I need help PLEASE [​IMG] We bought 4 baby chicks that are bantam straight run.....I know there are different breeds, can Anyone PLEASE try to guess Type and Gender..I would great help ! They are all about 4 weeks old. Thank you for any guess u can give [​IMG] I posted 2 pics for each chick!

CHICK #1 (feathers on feet...Cochin?)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

CHICK # 2(also feathers on feet....Cochin?)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

CHICK # 3 (no feathers on feet)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

CHICK # 4 (no feathers on feet)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. In His Service

In His Service Wise Men Still Seek Him

Apr 25, 2010
    Catskills
    chick 3 is silver sebright

3. Heathero617

Heathero617 Songster

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    I have NO idea, but wanted to say that#3 is absolutley beautiful! I hope it can be identified and maybe I can find one for myself!! Oman...i feel the need to expand my housing all of a sudden LOL

4. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Songster

#1-2 could be D'uccle.(Dont usually get any other colors of cochins besides white/black/blue/self blue/red from hatcheries).Depending on what hatchery they came from.... #3 (silver laced) could be Sebright OR Old English.#4 Old English.(BB Red or duckwing . On sex...#3-4 looks like possible pullets...#1 looks like a lil comb coming up possibly...not sure on #3...

5. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Songster

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Thank you for all the replys so far....#2 has a good comb coming in ....but #1 has a small one that is lighter in color..and ( i hope a HER) feathers in person are White with a trace of silver tone.....if that helps....and i PRAY they are ALL BANTAMS...cause i was told they ALL were...and that is what we wanted...lol
    And Yes #3 Is my favorite (her name is Pepper) and she is a LOUD mouth ...LOL
    #1 LOVES to try and fly and is playful (hoping is a Hen)
    #2 (named Tweety) Is SOOOOO LOVING....loves to cuddle..yet is very protective over the other 3
    #4 (named Arrow) is also Loving, and goes with the flow of things
    I also think that #1, 3, 4 are Hen and that #2 is Roo...????? [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: