Please Help Change Chicken Duck Ordinance Bristol Township Levittown PA

Duck Lady2

Hatching
Jul 28, 2020
Are there any Bristol Township Levittown PA people out there willing to help get the zoning ordinance changed?

I am hoping to get enough people gathered at a township council meeting in an effort to get the ordinance amended to allow chickens and ducks maybe with at least one written approval from an adjacent neighbor per permit. The current special use permit costs $300. And you have to get the zoning board to approve your application. Last month, June 2020, a woman got approved for 6 chickens. Also, a family a couple of years ago got approved for 30 chickens. For a special use permit, you have to send a certified notification to all adjacent property owners and post the notice on your property. I would like to get all this changed. Do you know how many chickens or ducks you can buy for $300.? An application for a single family rental permit only costs $60.! This is possible but we would need to fill the auditorium - friends, family, neighbors.

Any takers out there? Email me at [email protected] if interested Or post here. Change only happens when people stand together for a common cause.

I’m sorry you never got a reply :( I am bumping this so hopefully someone will see it and help! You could also try posting on your state thread. Oh and :welcome
Thanks so much. Unfortunately, I doubt I will get enough people on board for this. I spoke with someone from my council, and he suggested petitioning the $300. fee in an effort to lower the cost of the special use permit application, which is a great idea, but I still need a lot of people for that to happen.

Thanks so much. Unfortunately, I doubt I will get enough people on board for this. I spoke with someone from my council, and he suggested petitioning the $300. fee in an effort to lower the cost of the special use permit application, which is a great idea, but I still need a lot of people for that to happen.
I hope you can get it! Even if it’s just lowering the cost. Maybe you could see if your local news or town station would run something about it?

I hope you can get it! Even if it’s just lowering the cost. Maybe you could see if your local news or town station would run something about it?
I guess I will keep working on it.

I have two rescue ducks that are sleeping in the next room! They are house/outside ducks and I am in love with them! I have told our township zoning director and zoning supervisor that I have them and they were unconcerned, but would still like to have the paperwork to make it legal.

Everybody in my neighborhood has chickens, guinea hens, ducks, and pheasants so I am concerned we may all be blindsided one day if only one person complains. The news has covered previous cases so that is a good idea.

I guess I will keep working on it.

I have two rescue ducks that are sleeping in the next room! They are house/outside ducks and I am in love with them! I have told our township zoning director and zoning supervisor that I have them and they were unconcerned, but would still like to have the paperwork to make it legal.

Everybody in my neighborhood has chickens, guinea hens, ducks, and pheasants so I am concerned we may all be blindsided one day if only one person complains. The news has covered previous cases so that is a good idea.
I think you should definitely keep working on it! I’m sure it’s probably a little discouraging or seems like a long way away or whatever but I think you can do it! Especially if so many people already have these animals. It seems weird they would approve all those yet not have made it officially legal yet. Seems like it could change. Have you talked to your neighbors? Would they help with it? and I would definitely try the news!

Are there any Bristol Township Levittown PA people out there willing to help get the zoning ordinance changed?

I am hoping to get enough people gathered at a township council meeting in an effort to get the ordinance amended to allow chickens and ducks maybe with at least one written approval from an adjacent neighbor per permit. The current special use permit costs $300. And you have to get the zoning board to approve your application. Last month, June 2020, a woman got approved for 6 chickens. Also, a family a couple of years ago got approved for 30 chickens. For a special use permit, you have to send a certified notification to all adjacent property owners and post the notice on your property. I would like to get all this changed. Do you know how many chickens or ducks you can buy for $300.? An application for a single family rental permit only costs $60.! This is possible but we would need to fill the auditorium - friends, family, neighbors.

Any takers out there? Email me at [email protected] if interested Or post here. Change only happens when people stand together for a common cause.
I have a town meeting tonight. I am appealing the decision - we need all chicken people to come together tonight at 7pm!

I have a town meeting tonight. I am appealing the decision - we need all chicken people to come together tonight at 7pm!

Back
Top Bottom