Please help chick pipped at wrong end of egg - hatch successful- :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickencrazy999, Dec 1, 2013.

1. chickencrazy999

chickencrazy999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Hello so I have one pipped who has pipped at the right end and is chirping away but then I noticed one of the eggs had made a crack at the middle of the egg and I don't know what to do do you think it will reposition its self and pip through the air sac or do you think it's going to die here's a pic it's the brown egg [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Once had a chick that pipped at the wrong end - and it hatched fine with no problem. Good luck! give it time.

3. yuaan

yuaan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2013
    in my last incubation i had 6 chick who made hole to the wrong end and i had to help them out as it is narrow end and its hard for the chick to zip through that end

4. chickencrazy999

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Heya thanks for the replies he has his beack out and is cheering away should be hatching soon ! Here's a pic of the first chick to hatch [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ChicKat

Cute chick --

good luck with 'wrong way Corrigan'.

6. scotter

scotter Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2013
    S.W. Missouri
    I had to help one in my last hatch that pipped on the wrong end. Not a lot of room to manuever in the little end, especially if it's a large chick. keep an eye on him and if he looks like he's giving up carefully loosen the shell with so he can push through.watch for blood and make sure he's ready before going to far. good luck [​IMG]

7. chickencrazy999

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Hey a thanks guys well good news last night I had to assist as it had been 36 hours since the first pip (at the wrong end) and is doing great although he has got a curly toe on one of his foot but am working on that now to make him I boot here's him and his brother btw this is my first ever successful hatch so I am very happy :) [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG].
    [​IMG]. What do you think on a name bert is on the left and that little guy is on the right suggestions ?

8. chickencrazy999

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Things are great decided to go for the band-aid style lol here's a pic [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ChicKat

So happy for your successful hatch. Congratulations.

the one on the right looks like a marshmallow candy peep -- maybe one of those three words would work for a name for your chick.

10. chickencrazy999

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Lol yes such as for the name my brother said he would like to call it candy I guess it was a coincedence

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by