Please help!!!chick problemšŸ˜Ÿ

ReiK

Chirping
Apr 22, 2021
Philippines
Hi to all.
I have one chick born feb 11, 2021. She hatched nonassisted and fast. After a week or so, she started having legs going sideward then ultimately the right went backward one day. There were times i tried to hobble her legs but she got stressed more so did not continue. So she drags her body and unable to stand and walk. But about last week or so, she began able to stand with her one left leg and hop around. I was so happy about it. But since yesterday she again began being unable to stand and drags again her body to move. In terms of eating drinking she still has her appetite and drinks a lot. She was a lot smaller compared to her other siblings, separated with a wire from one of her sibling for company. Can anyone help? I gave her vetracin before advised by our caretaker during her first month or so since hatching. Then i shifted her to vitminpro about a month ago. I have tried various beddings like paper towel, soft cloths, carton box, rice husk, rubber shelf liner, floor mats.
First Photo taken a month ago.second photo is taken today. I really don't want to cull her, i love her so much.
received_1174508026314450.jpeg
20210427_192534.jpg

Last edited:
Iā€™m sorry about your chick. :hugs
Putting hobbles back on is the only thing I can think of. You can place her in a cup to keep her standing.
Iā€™m not sure if it can be corrected at this age. Hopefully the experts will chime in.

@GermanKennhuhn
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm afraid i might break her leg specially the right one if i place hobbles again as it was quite stiffened already being backwards and body lying down on it.

@TheHenandChick
Thank you. She was born feb 11,2021. I made something like a sling a month ago but she reacted very violently when placing her on it. So can't maintain her on it. But can you help me if i made a mistake on this sling like? (Though as this was created a month ago and she already increased her size, will need to make some adjustments esp the position of holes)...or will this i created not help her?
received_486474845861304.jpeg

@GermanKennhuhn
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm afraid i might break her leg specially the right one if i place hobbles again as it was quite stiffened already being backwards and body lying down on it.

@TheHenandChick
Thank you. She was born feb 11,2021. I made something like a sling a month ago but she reacted very violently when placing her on it. So can't maintain her on it. But can you help me if i made a mistake on this sling like? (Though as this was created a month ago and she already increased her size, will need to make some adjustments esp the position of holes)...or will this i created not help her?View attachment 2637662
Oh, ok. I really canā€™t think of anything else. Iā€™ll try to find some links for you to read.

I think what u have will work if u add anything I would put stuff around where the chick will be, since it is bigger it will be able to jump around more. I am pretty sure that it is a slipped tendon, and since it is one you could try massaging the legs.

I think what u have will work if u add anything I would put stuff around where the chick will be, since it is bigger it will be able to jump around more. I am pretty sure that it is a slipped tendon, and since it is one you could try massaging the legs.
I tried searching youtube for any instructional massage for slipped tendon, do you have link for an instructional video? Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom