Please Help!!Chicken has Worms!

Awalker80

In the Brooder
May 4, 2018
About 6 weeks ago I noticed one of my hens had a long worm hanging out of her butt and also noticed the same white long worms in some poop around the coop.I’m pretty sure they were round worms. I did a treatment on all my chickens with Wayzine in there water and repeated again in 10 days. My chickens still had worms and this time they were tiny white ones crawling around in liquid poop but still round worms in a different stage of there life cycle. I used the Wayzine again in water but this time decided to do it 3 weeks in a row instead of 2. Yesterday was week 2 of this round of dewormer but I’m starting to think that I need something different. They are all acting ok right now. One hen was acting lethargic about 4 weeks ago but was fine by the next day after I had started the treatment. I did have a hen die about 3 months ago I’m wondering if that was from the worms because she had no symptoms and had been fine earlier that day. If anyone can give me suggestions on what medications I can use other than Wayzine. I don’t want to lose any more chickens or spread it to my entire flock. I’m also tired of throwing all my eggs away!!Please HELP!!

If I were you and can find a local vet to do it, I would get a few fresh droppings, and take them in for a fecal float to look for the worms you are seeing, and other parasites. Valbazen is a very good wormer that is used once and again in 10 days. If you might be treating something like tapeworms which are more rare, it may take something like Equimax horse paste that contains praziquantel. I would stick with Valbazen or SafeGuard if there are no tapes.

Back
Top Bottom