PLEASE HELP!! Chicken with eye closed and leaking vent !!PLEASE HELP VERY URGENT!!

EasterChickens

Songster
Feb 20, 2021
Hello everyone,

I just woke up this morning to let my 3 chickens out and they were all completely fine. Then, in the afternoon, my 2 year & 10 month old female easter egger, started to have her tail down, eye closed but she still wanted to eat and could peck. But whenever she peck she would always miss the item and not "get" to it. I was starting to assume she went blind or had an eye infection. But then I took her inside and saw a little bit of leaking fluid coming out from her vent. Then, my mind thought of another possibility, salpingitis. She is also walking pretty slowly and her mouth is a little open. She hasn't laid in awhile probably because of the rainy/cold weather I'm located at. If any of you guys have any suggestions/tips, please comment ASAP. I really need your help on this.

Below are pictures of her physical appearance⬇️⬇️:

Thank you so much,
Valerie

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0857.jpg
    IMG_0857.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0859.jpg
    IMG_0859.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0860.jpg
    IMG_0860.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 5
One of my leghorns died just about a week ago due to a reproductive issue, I don't want this to happen to my easter egger again.

UPDATE: she is eating and her poop is a mix of leaking fluid and the brown poop itself. She still has her tail down and eye closed (lethargic).

Get Calcium into her ASAP. Work on hydration.
You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.
Hello Wyorp Rock, thank you for your reply and suggestions. Do you know what she could be suffering from? Is it possible she could be suffering from vent gleet?

Back
Top Bottom