Please help!! Chickens dying...

Wieneke4

Hatching
May 19, 2017
I really need some help. One of my cochin bantams died yesterday suddenly. I noticed no signs of lethargy, eating well, drinking well, and was top of her pecking order. White liquid came out of her mouth. I thought it may be ascites. However, today, 3 more cochin bantams passed today and I did notice that 2 more are moving slower than usual. The ones that passed all had white clear liquid coming out of their mouth. None of them were sick prior to this. They have a large coop, which we just moved to another section of the yard. I live in Louisiana, and the temperature has been in the upper 80s, but I have NEVER had this issue before and I've been raising chickens for the last 4 years. I always use the same feed. I bought these chickens at tractor supply as chicks and they are only 3 months old now. I have other chickens-same feed, bought same day, same location- all doing okay. Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be? Or what I can do to help them??

Please post at "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures, " thread asap. The more details you can provide the more likely that can diagnose the problem. I would think the white liquid would indicate something to them.

Have they had a chance to come in contact with any weed or parasite killer?

Hello and welcome to BYC. I see that you have already received some good advice on the ER forum. I hope that everything works out for you.

Best wishes
CT

Back
Top Bottom